Do you like to send Instagram direct messages (DM) to your loved ones with a special effect? Luckily, with the new Instagram update, you can now use cool new special effects for your Instagram direct messages. So, in this guide, you are going to learn how to add special effects to Instagram DMs on the Instagram app.
Meanwhile, Messenger has been integrated with Instagram DMs by Facebook, and since then the latter has got some interesting new features such as the option to set up a custom chat color, disappear mode, custom emoji replies, etc.
In the meantime, if Instagram is your go-to messaging app and wants to impress others by sending direct messages with cool effects then you have to try it out. So, without further ado here’s how to add special and cool effects to Instagram DMs on the Instagram App.
How to Add Effects to Instagram DMs on the Instagram App
On Instagram DMs, you can now apply special effects anytime you respond to someone or send a new message to someone. Make sure to update your Instagram app first and then follow the below steps.
Step 1. open the Instagram app on your phone Open any chat on Instagram and type a message
Step 2. Now, tap the search icon on the left-hand side of the text.
Step 3. Here, you will be presented with 4 different effects. Tap and choose the one you like and that’s it.
Step 4. Your DM with the new effects just looks perfect. See the screenshot below.
How to access Instagram Filters and Effects
- Open the Instagram app and go to Direct Messages > Chat.
- Click on the Camera icon in the bottom left corner in any chat.
- your Instagram Camera will pop up. Filters can be accessed in “Normal” and “Boomerang” mode.
- Filters will appear on right and left sides of the screen. Swipe to access and apply them to your content.
How to browse these filters on Instagram
- Click on the filter’s name at the bottom.
- Click on Browse Effects.
- Go through and try from the hundreds of filters in the Effect Gallery.
That’s it. It was a quick guide on how to add special effects to Instagram DMs in the Instagram app. This feature can be useful to give more color and vibrant to your direct messages on Instagram.